Collection of personal information
We may collect information about you when you visit this website or use the website as a Registered User. Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- email address
- delivery and billing address
- telephone number
- payment details
- other information
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all personal information which we collect is kept confidential. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot, and we do not, guarantee the security of transmission of all such information.
When you sign up on our mailing list, we will ask for your email address. Additionally, you have the option to share the following information with Us, which we use to personalise the marketing messages you receive from Us:
You can choose to stop receiving Harper and Hayes store emails at any time, by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any Harper and Hayes Store marketing email.
When you visit harperandhayes.com, the following technical information will be collected in order to protect your data and our website. We also use this information to improve our shopping experience, products, and services provided:
- IP address
- your browser type
- your operating system
- your browse behaviour on Our Site, such as Product pages visited
- shopping behaviour on Our Site, utilised for delivery of re-marketing and promotional offers
We also use ‘cookies’ to collect data on pages you view on our website, as well as to power the delivery of re-marketing and promotional offers.
Use of disclosure of personal information
In addition to the purpose for which Your personal information is collected, this information may be used to:
- administer Your account;
- provide information and materials about which You are most interested;
- send news, information about Our activities and general promotional material which We believe may be useful to You;
- provide You with news, information and material in relation to Our Products;
- monitor who is accessing this Site; and
- profile the type of people using this Site including purchases.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose, you can email us accordingly and we will adopt reasonable measures to observe any reasonable request. You acknowledge that we may provide you with further terms which apply to your access or use of our website and your account and that your access or use of all or part of this website or your account may be limited.
In using or disclosing personal information, we will abide by the Australian Privacy Principles and relevant legislation.
Disclosure to third parties
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of the service. We may provide your personal information to:
- Our partners or affiliates who assist Us in providing the service; or
- Your company if You are acting on behalf of a company.
For the removal of doubt, personal information will not be used by us for any purpose which a reasonable person in your position would not expect.
Ads on other sites
If you choose to give other sites your data (such as Google or Facebook) their rules apply to that data, not ours. We may purchase ads on these sites, so if you have provided them with your data, then you will likely see our ads on these sites. If you do not wish to see these ads, you will have to contact the other sites directly.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
If we have agreed not to use personal information in a particular manner, or at all, we may still use or disclose that information if we:
- subsequently notify You of the intended use or disclosure and You do not object to that use or disclosure;
- believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- are required by law to disclose the information.
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us. You are entitled to edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
Comments and questions